If you are considering Gold Coast business structuring, our business lawyers can advise and assist you in the minefield of company and trust law. You may be seeking to establish a company to operate a business or act as a corporate trustee. You may be looking at reconfiguring your current corporate structure. In any event, our business lawyers can guide you in the right direction.
Our business lawyers understand that in Gold Coast business structuring, a balance must be struck between the protection of your investment, flexibility for incoming capital, ease of dealing with third parties such as financiers, a sensible and workable arrangement for dealing with profit, and ultimately an exit strategy. For that reason, working with your accountants or financial advisors our Gold Coast business lawyers can document the best structure for you, whether that is a partnership, a discretionary or other trust, a corporate structure, a joint venture arrangement or a combination of these structures such as a partnership of discretionary trusts operating via an agent company.
Our business and commercial lawyers are able to assist and advise you in the following areas of business and commercial law:
- Incorporating private companies with ASIC
- Preparing trust deeds and establishing (settling) trusts (either discretionary/family trusts, unit trust, hybrid trusts or Self-Managed Superannuation Funds)
- Varying the provisions of a trust such as changing the trustee or updating the trust deed
- Shareholder Agreements and other arrangements such as preferential share issues, redeemable share issues, debentures and loan agreements
- Company Constitutions
- Corporate structures including trust structures
- Director’s legislation and governance obligations including fiduciary obligations
- Internal or external disputes
- Dissolution arrangements
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) requirements
- Buy/sell agreements and other succession arrangements
- Asset licensing and leasing agreements