If you are considering bankruptcy, you should seek the advice of an experienced bankruptcy lawyer to guide you through the process. The Gold Coast bankruptcy lawyers at QBM can assist by advising in respect of:
- negotiations with creditors with a view to avoiding bankruptcy;
- Alternatives to bankruptcy, such as personal insolvency agreements;
- What your income contributions might be in the bankruptcy;
- Which of your assets are likely to be divisible property and vest in your trustee;
- Whether you have any risk in respect of dealings undertaken before bankruptcy;
- What you should expect in the bankruptcy process.
If you have been made bankrupt, our bankruptcy lawyers can assist in your dealings with your trustee if they have become challenging, and can represent you in any public examination.
Our bankruptcy lawyers act on behalf of individuals as well as reputable trustees in bankruptcy and insolvency practitioners and are well versed in the administration of bankrupt estates.
If a bankrupt person has your property or you have received a demand from a trustee due to your dealings with the bankrupt – such as a preference payment or voidable disposition – our bankruptcy lawyers can advise you whether it is necessary to comply with that demand and your rights in respect of your property.
Complimenting our debt recovery practice, the bankruptcy lawyers and insolvency lawyers at QBM are able to advise creditors of the likely costs of potential benefits from bankruptcy administration, as well as recommending competent and thorough trustees. We have a good working relationship with some of the most eminent insolvency firms in Queensland and interstate.
Having a strong reputation and experience in bankruptcy and personal insolvency, our gold coast bankruptcy lawyers are able to provide effective representation in all bankruptcy matters.