Having acted for eminent insolvency practitioners for many years, the Gold Coast liquidation lawyers at QBM Lawyers offer advice and services to:
- Liquidators, in respect of recovery of assets of the liquidation, public examinations, the sale of assets, actions against office holders and disputes with the holders of security interests;
- Secured creditors and controllers in respect of rights and obligations in the realisation of assets and associated matters;
- Administrators, including in respect of deeds of company arrangement and all aspects of an administration;
- Directors and other officeholders of the company, as to their duties and risks;
- Other persons affected by the insolvency, such as creditors or parties receiving a demand from a liquidator for the return of money or property.
For creditors and for company directors and other persons having taken part in the management of the company, expert advice in the event of a liquidation is essential. Creditors believing that they have security can find that it is invalid. Creditors who have been paid can face litigation from liquidators for the return of the payment. Directors and associated persons can face demands arising from loan accounts. With the introduction of the Personal Property Securities Act, the rights of creditors has become even more confused in liquidations. Now more than ever, advice in respect of insolvency and liquidation should come from an experienced liquidation lawyer.
QBM Lawyers have acted in liquidation related matters and litigation for many years, as part of their expertise in commercial litigation and securities litigation. The Gold Coast liquidation lawyers at QBM understand the objectives of liquidation and the drivers to achieve sensible outcomes. QBM Lawyers understand the requirements of proper security documents by which to appoint controllers to property of a debtor company.